Sunday, December 14, 2014

Lampshade Makeover

Hello wonderful people!!

After a week long vacation, we got back home on Saturday during Thanks Giving week. While kids were busy playing on their console and hubby dear was busy catching up on some ZZZZZs, I was itching to work on some project. Though there is a project waiting for me in the Garage, I didn't feel like working in the garage. It was pouring outside and pretty cold.

That's when my eyes fell on these lampshades in the guest bed room. They were begging me to do something and add some color. It was a perfect project to hide under blanket and work on.

Here is the before and after.


I started working on the lampshades with the acrylic paint I already had at home (leftover from this project). I ran out of blue after the second lampshade was half done and I didn't have burnt orange at home. I spent whopping $1.38 and couple of evenings on the first lampshade.


you can see both lampshades with one finished here.

 
I could work on the second lampshade yesterday. Working on the second one was much faster as I just had to copy the design, no planning involved :)


    Here is how it looks in the guest bed room.


I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. It does have imperfections but absolutely love how some paint transformed these plain lampshades.

One more after before I bid bye for today.


One off of this to-do list for this room and 5 more to go..
1. Bring in a chair
2. Replace the nightstands
3. Something to go behind the head board
4. Gallery wall ? may be with travel memorabilia
5. Something for the lampshade
6. Bed skirt

Have a blessed week ahead!!

Sharing at :
remodelaholic ,creativelylivingblog,  betweennapsontheporch , thededicatedhouse , boogieboardcottage  , sillypearl , sewcando , jembellish , huckleberrylove ,titicraftyconfessionsofaplateaddicthomestoriesatoz  myuncommonsliceofsuburbia ,cozylittlehouse  nap-timecreations  sugarbeecrafts lilmrstori , thehappyhousie, thethriftyhome, savvysouthernstyle simplydesigning  diybydesign bec4-beyondthepicketfence thediydreamer   jannolson   gingersnapcrafts  livelaughrowe  staceyembracingchange   houseologie tipjunkielivingwellspendingless serenitynowblog  akadesign katherinescorner shabbynest  chiconashoestringdecorating  tidymom.net tatertotsandjello  thegirlcreative shabbyartboutique   lollyjane craftdictator thepinjunkie nancherrow todayscreativeblog http://www.frenchcountrycottage.net/2015/01/feathered-nest-friday.html bystephanielynn  thecottagemarket findingsilverpennies thegirlcreative piecesbypolly carriethishome the-chicken-chick  minettesmaze thriftydecorchick craft-o-maniac diyshowoff niftythriftythings flamingotoes .dwellings-theheartofyourhome, mysnippetsofinspiration
                                                                                                                      
Thank you,


38 comments :

  1. These are absolutely gorgeous! I would love to try this. Pinned:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I thought they were covered in paper or fabric before I saw your technique. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Betsy :) Appreciate you stopping by. Thanks for hosting

      Delete
  3. Hi, Bharati -- I first I thought you had stenciled them and somehow filled them in. I'm astonished that you hand painted them. They are beautiful because of your design and colors. You are very talented. www.irisabbey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, I am glad you stopped by. Thank u so much.

      Delete
  4. Love it! Thanks for sharing on Oh My Heartsie Wordless Wednesday! That takes some talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nikki. Thanks for hosting :) Have a fabulous week ahead

      Delete
  5. Wow, very creative! You definitely have a talent. I think they look just fabulous! Thanks for sharing them with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so creative and I love the painted lamp shade. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bharati, You did that with free hand??? Wow, looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Reshma. Welcome back, hope you had a good time in India.

      Delete
  8. These are so pretty! I love the design, and I'm impressed that you did it free hand! Visiting from Thrifty Decor Chick :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Thank you SO much for sharing them at the Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so lovely! You are such a talented artist! I love the colors you chose, too. They are so festive and happy and go with your room's decor very well. Thanks for sharing!

    Sarah K.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so lovely (: Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't believe you hand painted those, they are beautiful and you did a great job. They really look perfect on those lamps too,
    cause they really make them stand out. Thanks for sharing this.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm amazed that you hand painted these! They're beautiful and I love all the detail you put into them. I'm so glad you linked up with us at Your Turn To Shine!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful! I love how the yellow is puffy and gives texture to the pattern. The colors you chose are perfect together. Thanks for sharing on Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look wonderful! You did a great job painting them! Thanks for sharing at last week's Submarine Sunday Link Party. i hope you
    ll stop by this weeks party!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ The Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are beautiful! Did you have an inspiration for the design? I have so many fabric swatches that would look beautiful painted on a lampshade. Might have to pick one and give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg, Thank u. I had seen a zentangle doodle which had the main design. I just free handed the design on piece of paper before painting. Fabric would definitely look awesome, would love to see how yours turns out.

      Delete
  17. Beautiful job!! Stopping by from Creative Muster Link Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome post! I would love to invite you to my new link party The Beautifully Creative Inspired. The party launched today and will continue every Fridays at 9AM eastern time on 5 BLOGS! It runs until Wednesday night :D Hope you can party with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Shanice. Sorry, couldnt make it to last weeks party. See u this week. Have a wonderful week ahead

      Delete
  19. These lampshades are fantastic!! You did a beautiful job on them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace