Monday, March 30, 2015

Another Craigslist Find - 5 Drawer Vintage dresser

Most of my weekends are pretty hectic, but last Sunday was an exception. I stayed home pretty much as I was little under the weather. After a nice festive lunch, was going thru the craigslist casually when I spotted this vintage beauty. It was love at first sight :)

It's little difficult to get an yes from hubby for craigslist purchases, unless I tell my design and execution plan. He is worried that the garage will again turn into junkyard, lol!! I was able to convince him to come along and bring home this beauty for 35$.




I have been looking for the wide dresser for a long time now. This dresser was perfect match for what I had in mind, but tad bit tall.



Before buying I had noticed that the top portion is little smaller than the bottom three drawers. I was so excited to check if I can remove the top part, I started working on this as soon as we hit home. Top part was held using few screws.



Yay!! I was able to take top part off.


Only problem, there is no top :)


Here is a before and after.



Stay tuned to know more about this dresser's makeover.

Thanks


No comments :

Post a Comment

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace